Registration is through SignMeUp.com.
Click HERE to go to the registration site.
Enjoy the holiday season from your bike seat! Join 100 riders in a six-day, 400+ mile journey through the mountains, desert and seacoast of Southern California.
The bicycle trip departs from San Diego on December 26, 2016. Riders return on December 31, 2016.
This event is a fundraiser for Hostelling International San Diego education and outreach programs.
Check back soon for more information on itinerary and FAQs for the ride. For other questions about the trip, please contact email@example.com.
Find the Trip on Facebook @ HIChristmasBikeTrip
Join us! Click HERE to register!
General Ride Schedule
- December 26: San Diego to Pine Valley, 50 miles. Pine Valley is a small mountain village.
- December 27: Pine Valley to Borrego Springs, 54 miles. A great day of riding. Stop for apple pie in Julian!
- December 28: Borrego Springs to Palm Desert, 77 miles. Great desert views and riding.
- December 29: Palm Desert to Hemet, 64 miles. Head winds build character.
- December 30: Hemet to Fallbrook, 50 miles. A fantastic ride along oak tree shaded country roads.
- December 31: Fallbrook to San Diego, 55 miles. Soak up the sea air as you ride along the stunning San Diego Coastline.
All participants must complete the waiver. Click on the link below to open the waiver.
Once signed, waivers can be returned by:
(1) scanning and emailing the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) bringing the form with you to registration the morning of December 26
(3) mailing the form to:
739 4th Avenue, Ste 203
San Diego, CA 92101
2016 Ride Fees
$450.00 Early Bird Registration: Sept. 12 – Sept. 19
$475.00 Sept. 20 – Nov. 15
$525.00 Nov. 16 – Dec. 24
No registration on December 25
$575.00 Registration Day of (Dec. 26)
$1700.00 Family of 4 (registration before Dec. 24)
Your trip fee covers overnight facilities in multipurpose rooms, community centers, and churches, breakfast and dinner each day, SAG vehicles, leadership, and the Christmas Trip t-shirt. Riders are responsible for their own lunches.
REGISTER NOW through SignMeUp.
Ride START and END Location
The Christmas Bicycle Trip start and end is at the University of San Diego (USD). The official address for USD is 5998 Alcala Park, San Diego, CA 92110.
Information for getting to USD can be found here. We’ll meet in a parking lot on the southwest side of campus. From Linda Vista Rd., turn onto Marian Way. Just as you pass a small guard shack, make a left and follow the driveway into a large parking lot.
Parking and Transportation
Personal vehicles can be left at the USD parking lot and will require a parking permit. Permits are $10 per vehicle and will be available at registration the morning of the ride start.
Shuttle vans will be running from both the HI San Diego Downtown and HI San Diego Point Loma hostels. Please let the front desk staff at the hostel know in advance if you need to catch the shuttle to the ride start. Because so many riders stay with HI USA, it can get very busy in the morning. We will check both hostels before starting the ride so that no one gets left behind.
Overnight accommodations are sparse. Riders are encouraged to bring bedrolls, blow-up mattresses or other means of providing a comfortable sleeping surface. Some riders choose to bring personal tents for set-up outside. You are also able to book alternate accommodations at hotels along the route. Due to the nature of the accommodations and California law, alcohol and smoking are not permitted indoors.
Meals are served buffet-style, with meat and vegetarian options. If you have dietary restrictions, please bring your own specialty foods. Kitchen space is available at each location.
Trips Cancelled or Changed by HI USA
On rare occasions, we must cancel or change trips. If this occurs, HI USA’s responsibility is limited to a refund of any trip reservation money you’ve already paid. HI USA is not responsible for airline tickets, other tickets or payments, or any similar penalties that you may incur as a result of any trip cancellations or changes.
You must notify us directly if you need to cancel from the trip. You can contact the Event Coordinator weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. PST, at (619) 338-9981 ext. 3202 or email@example.com. The amount of your refund is determined by the date that you notify the Event Coordinator of your cancellation. Trip leaders have no authority to grant or promise refunds. The Cancellation Policy applies to all reservations, regardless of whether or not the leader has notified you of approval. The Event Coordinator regrets that she cannot make exceptions to the Cancellation Policy for any reason, including personal emergencies.
• If cancellation is made within 14 days of the date of the reservation: A full refund will be issued. (This 14-day “Grace Period” is not applicable if the trip start date is within 30 days.)
• If cancellation is made 30 or more days prior to trip start date: Refund will be 75% of registration paid.
• If cancellation is made 29-14 days prior to trip start date: Refund will be 50% of registration paid.
• If cancellation is made 0-13 days prior to trip start date: Refund will be 25% of registration paid.
• Day Of registrations and No Shows are not eligible for a refund.